I want to get back to reporting on my week, but first I want to take advantage of the fact that I was able to get into my blog tonight and update you on tomorrow's adventure.....
After working with our teams tomorrow, we're scheduled to take a bus from here in Dong Thap to Saigon late in the afternoon. The bike team, however, will skip working with the teams tomorrow. Instead, they'll leave Dong Thap at 5 a.m. and bike the 100 miles to Saigon. Unfortunately, one of the cyclists had to drop out of the ride. (She's the physician heading the medical team. She's doing an absolutely fantastic job -- great leadership skills -- and is simply indispensible with regard to tomorrow's work at the clinic.) Anyway, that left an opening and I couldn't resist!
So, I'll be joining the biking team tomorrow. There are 7 of us for 6 bikes, so we won't actually ride a full 100 miles, but it will be close. We'll be followed by a van carrying lots of water, as well as an ER nurse from our overall Catalyst team. (Whew!) Another team member will be along in the van to take photos and just keep us company.
It will be hot, it will be dirty, and I'm not at all convinced that running has prepared me for such a challenging ride (it certainly hasn't prepared by backside for the tiny bike seat), but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! Who could resist?