Well, it was a very long trip. Michael and the kids dropped me off at the airport in Harrisburg at 5:15 Thursday morning. The flight left right on time, at 6:45 a.m. After a five-hour layover in Chicago, we headed around the world. The flight to Seoul took 14 hours.....and it felt every minute of it! Thankfully, however, it was a smooth one. (I don't do well with a lot of turbulance....at all.) Then I had a three-hour layover in Seoul. The airport was nice....very bright. After that, it was another 5-hour flight to HCMC. This one was a lot bumpier, but not awful.
We landed in HCMC at 10:45 p.m. Friday night, local time. The trip itself took a total of about 29 hours, with 21 of them in the air. It was amazing to be back in Saigon.....it all felt very familiar once I got off the plane, although it's been 7 years since I was last here.
Much to my surprise, getting through customs was a breeze.....it took awhile, but my luggage didn't even get searched. We got to the hotel around 1 a.m., just in time to separate our donations from our luggage and take a shower before getting ready to head back out. We have to be in the hotel lobby at 4 a.m. to head to the airport for our flight in the morning.
More to come!