I can't believe I'm leaving for Vietnam in less than two weeks. Although my focus is still on getting work and home ready for me to be gone, I was able to spend some time this weekend gathering items for the trip as well -- Sunscreen, 40% Deet and lots of Polaroid film. (Anyone would need sunscreen in Vietnam's equatorial climate, but with my fair skin, the higher the SPF, the better. The Deet will hopefully keep any illness-carrying mosquitoes away during the day and the creepy crawlies away while I sleep at night. I'm told that the Polaroid film will prove to be lots of fun, because it will give me the chance to make the kids we help in Vietnam feel like "rock stars" when I give them photos of themselves.)
Donations are up even farther from my post a week ago. Specifically, you have contributed $2,750 to Catalyst Foundation in my name to help fund the Expedition's work...thank you! Also, in addition to the in-kind donations from you which I've already shipped to Catalyst in order to be redistributed amongst team members, I've now got enough to fill my own "army style" duffle bag, which will travel with me as checked luggage.
Eleven days and counting...