It's hardly fair to call this post "Getting Started," because I started on this adventure more than six months ago. Tonight's the night that I finally got started on my blog though, so it seemed fitting!
In just 19 days (yikes!), I'll be leaving for Vietnam, participating in an Aid Expedition sponsored by Catalyst Foundation, a non-profit humanitarian organization out of Northfield, Minnesota. (Please take time to read about the amazing work that Catalyst does in Vietnam. The link to their website is over on the right-hand side of this page, as is the link to the "official" 2008 Aid Expedition blog hosted by Catalyst.) I've got so much to do between getting the family and home ready for me to be gone for two weeks, getting work under control enough for me to be completely absent, and getting myself packed and ready to go! My family has been great though and my friends incredibly supportive -- thank you to everyone.
Over the next couple of days, I plan to share some background information as to how I got here -- that is how I got 19 days away from a trip around the globe -- and, more importantly, information regarding how amazingly generous everyone has been in their donations to the Expedition. Keep reading!